Friday, January 8, 2010

What is the best digital camera for a beginner who wants larger prints?

I've been thinking about getting a dig cam for awhile now and I've done some research but I'm still pretty confused. I want a camera under $300, I'm definatly a beginner but I want something I can learn off of, so not too basic, but not crazy advanced although I doubt I'd get that for under 300 anyways. I want it to be good for large prints, since I want to frame pictures of flowers and interesting things, so maybe a macro feature would be good. I don't know much about photoshop but in the future will probably try to learn so maybe a plug in for that. I definatly need a decent resolution since I will be making the pictures in large prints sometimes and will want it to look crisp. I've been looking at the website dcresource.com which has great reviews but I just don't know where to begin. Any help is appreciated :)What is the best digital camera for a beginner who wants larger prints?
I am a big Nikon fan, but for a beginner, I really like the Canon Digital Rebel xt1. It is an excellent starter digital camera dn has very crisp images when blown up to 16x24.


It is inexpensive too. As far as cameras go.


Make sure it comes wiht a lens. The lens you use is more important than the camera.


Remember... even if we gave Picasso a $1 set of watercolors, he is still going to paint a better picture than we are going to paint with $500 paint.What is the best digital camera for a beginner who wants larger prints?
I'd start with a Nikon digital point-and-shoot, Cool Pix is a good camera. If you want to get bigger, better prints though I'd go with a Nikon SLR with more options and interchangable lenses, but if you're just starting out a fixed lens point-and-shoot is best for you.





I recommend Nikon because it's a great reliable brand and it's all I use.

No comments:

Post a Comment