Friday, January 8, 2010

What is a really good board for a beginner like me. I need a cheep brand.?

Get a low end model from a respectable brand (Ride, Gnu, LibTech, Rome, Burton, Forum)





Don't get a non-respectable brand.





If you get a last year's model on sale from one of the better brands you will be much happier in the long run, as you will be able to grow into it a bit.





Go to the store (a snowboard shop, not Gart's) to figure out which board you want and then go online to buy it (check out www.dogfunk.com) If you do it this way you can get some real good deals. If you are good with ebay you can check that out too. I don't trust ebay, but my friend got some high end bindings that had never been used, only taken out of the box, for dirt cheap.





You will want a flexier, softer board to start with because it will be more forgiving and easier to control.





DON'T go to Garts or GI Joes or Sports Authority or any of those places. If you are just starting out, you are going to want some good advice, and the people at those places generally have no clue what they are talking about. They also stock some complete crap. Go to a real snowboard shop.





Make sure to get good boots too.What is a really good board for a beginner like me. I need a cheep brand.?
check out ebay or boardsforless.com their really cheap and have good boards.What is a really good board for a beginner like me. I need a cheep brand.?
Go to Sports Authority ( used to be GART's ) and check out the BARGAINS ( spelled backwards ).





If you can wait, Denver Metro has lots of places with good used shredder stuff after the season...
forum or burton
don't get something like a Buirton, or like Forum like the other guy said, save that for when you are better, get something like Lamar, LTD, Avalanche, they are pretty good boards and really cheap.
My first board was a LTD and their very nice boards and you can find some really good cheap deals on them.


Dont buy something expensive like Burton until you know you really like snowboarding and are gonna stick with it. I've been snowboarding for 4 years and just got my first Burton I used an LTD Belle before.
Okay, well if you're a beginner, don't go out and by a brad new Burton Twin or something. Start out slow. I could reccomend a Firefly or Ride. Firefly isn't bad, neither is Ride. And for a beginner, make sure it's flexy.
what kind of riding do you do? are u a girl or guy? i like k2 boards, burton bindings ( with toe strap) and boots

No comments:

Post a Comment