Sunday, December 27, 2009

Is a Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi too much of a camera for a beginner?

I have been interested in photography since I was very young and I would really like to get into it, but I just don't know where to start. I had a Canon PowerShot that cost about $250, but it's broken now, and I guess that I expected too much of it, but I was disappointed in it from the start.


Thanks for the help!Is a Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi too much of a camera for a beginner?
No I don't think so, though not only was it my first digital, it was my first DSLR. When I bought my new XTi I purchased a Tamron 18-250 f/3.5 macro zoom lens, and I love it ... NO REGRETS what so ever.Is a Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi too much of a camera for a beginner?
Go for it ... its the best way to start in the DSLR world
Sounds like you may be ready.
No, the XTi can accommodate you from the start. You can go full auto in the beginning and learn all the way to full manual. You will really enjoy the camera. Have fun.
If you are willing to spend the time to thoroughly READ %26amp; STUDY the Owner's Manual for the XTi or any other camera you buy then you should be just fine. If not, then save your money, avoid frustration and stay with a simple point %26amp; shoot.





Although Canon makes a nice camera, it wouldn't take much time to look at a couple of other brands. The Sony A200 and Pentax K10D are both 10 megapixel cameras with Image Stabilization in the camera body. Either of them can be found, with lens, for $600 or less if you shop around.





The A200 can use every Minolta Maxxum AF lens made since 1985 so you have access to a lot of selection on the used market.





The K10D can use every manual focus and AF K-mount lens made since 1975. Again, you'll have a lot of selection.
It's an entry level DSLR, there's no such thing as being ready for an SLR. It's not really like a ';big bike for the big kids';. Just read your manual, and use the features that you need. Edwin mentioned the Pentax K10D and the Sony A200. They're good alternatives, since you'll always be able to get really good second hand lenses cheap. Oh, a final word of advice. (The following part is only from personal experience, although I don't own that lens, I've had friends shoot with it and seen the not so nice effects myself) Stay away from Tamron lenses, especially that 18-250mm, the length is nice and massive but when you go pixel gazing, you start to see problems. (Well, to be honest, you won't se them in normal size prints and probably no one will care but I always think why settle for less when you can get more out of your camera simply by carrying an extra lens.
The Canon Rebel XTi is a great camera for a beginner... most of the students at the Art Institute use this camera. I think it's a great choice, and the price has dropped a lot recently!
Not at all. The camera can be used completely automatic or manual. I would suggest you learn how to operate the camera manually but you can practice in the auto modes.
  • spa facial
  • refill ink
  • blushers
  • crude oil
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment