Sunday, December 27, 2009

What kind of cruiser bike is a good beginner bike?

I'm 6'4 220 lbs and im wondering what a good starting bike would be? I kind of want something a little bigger just because I would like to keep the bike for a while and not have to upgrade to something larger in the next couple of years if i want something bigger. ThanksWhat kind of cruiser bike is a good beginner bike?
1100 cruiser is a good bike. Honda ACE 1100 from 95-99 and Shadow after. Water cooled ultra reliable easy to handle. Love my '97 ACE 1100.What kind of cruiser bike is a good beginner bike?
At your size, any bike you want... However, the Harley Heritage Softail is a very easy bike to ride. Low center of gravity. Good power. Room for bags (bagger), etc... They tour great..





A GF bought a 98 Softail, she's hardly 5' 6'; and maybe 155, she took Harley's riding class, passed with flying colors and is now on the road ripping things up...





I have a 05 Heritage and me and my wife can go from Tucson to Vegas with nothing more than gas and pit stops, almost non stop. Took mine home from the dealer here in Tucson Jan 4th of 05 and have over 40k on it now.





Bob - Tucson
I would say don't get anything smaller than an 800. I'm 5'8';, 150, and started off on an 800 having never ridden before. You could actually probably go up to an 1100. Basically as long as you have good footing on teh ground weight and power don't have much impact. Just make sure you get comfortable on the bike as far as balance, where the clutch engages, and shifting before heading out onto real roads.





As far as bikes I'd recommend something with a shaft drive. It's virtually no maintenance except changing the oil in the shaft once a year, unlike a chian where you have to keep an eye onthe tension and keep it oiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment